When to Replace Carpet: Causes & Signs to Look For
Many people choose carpet as their floor covering because it is soft, cozy, and easy to clean. Yet, carpet lifting over time can create ugly lumps and even trip hazards. The reasons for carpet lifting and the appropriate time for replacement will be discussed below.
Causes of Carpets Lifting
- One of the most typical reasons for carpets to lift is wetness. The carpet may break and rise if water penetrates the padding or subfloor beneath it.
- Lifting over time is a sign that the carpet was not put correctly. This may happen if the carpet wasn’t stretched firmly enough or if the seams weren’t sealed correctly during installation.
- The carpet can be compressed and lifted if heavy furniture is left on it for long periods of time.
- Carpet can grow worn and start to lift as it ages. This is especially true for worn-down carpets in high-traffic areas.
- Extensive wear and tear, such as rips or tears, indicate that it may be time to replace the carpet. Carpet damage may be both aesthetically unpleasant and dangerous.
- Carpets should be replaced if they are more than 10 years old and are starting to exhibit indications of wear and tear. If the carpet is matted or the fibers have lost their resiliency, this is especially the case.
- If you or a family member has allergies, it may be time to get a new carpet. Allergens like dust and pet dander can be exacerbated by carpeting in the home.
- Carpet replacement may be necessary if it is discovered that the carpet is lifting and cannot be mended. The act of lifting might provide unpleasant trip risks.
In conclusion, homeowners may experience frustration due to carpet lifting. It’s crucial to handle it quickly to minimize more damage and safety problems, even if it can have several causes. It may be time to replace the carpet if it is beyond repair and exhibiting indications of wear and tear. Changing out the carpet may have positive effects on the health and safety of the people living there. When in doubt, call Mr. Hardwood Acworth at (770) 318-8880 Atlanta- (678) 935-6677 Marietta at (678) 217-5800 to schedule a consultation.
Get Your Free In-Home Consultation
Please fill out the contact form
One of our flooring specialists will contact you within 24 hours to set-up your in-home consultation.
Need it sooner?
Call us! 770-318-8880
Estimates are delivered within 24 hours!
Putting up hardwood floors instead of carpet is a terrific way to update the look of your home. Hardwood flooring…
In our efforts to create a secure and pleasant living space, we often forget about one important factor: indoor air…
Hardwood floors are the epitome of timeless beauty, and their versatility makes them a perfect choice for any interior style.…
Hardwood flooring are an all-time favorite because of their timeless beauty and resilience. In this piece, we’ll explain why hardwood…