Hardwood vs. Other Flooring: Making the Right Choice Hardwood Flooring vs. Other Flooring Types: Making the Right Choice for Your Home When it comes to
What Goes Under Hardwood Floors?
Due to its resilience, beauty, and adaptability, hardwood flooring is a popular option for homes and businesses. To guarantee correct installation and long-lasting results, it is essential to understand the subfloor prior to laying hardwood flooring.
- A moisture barrier is the first item installed beneath hardwood flooring. This is a thin layer of plastic or other waterproof material that is put over the subfloor to prevent moisture from causing harm to the wood and in regions with high humidity or a history of water leaks, moisture barriers are particularly crucial.
- The moisture barrier is then covered with a layer of underlayment. The underlayment is a thin layer of cushioning material that offers a flat surface for installing hardwood planks. Additionally, it aids with sound absorption and provides insulation. The most prevalent form of underlayment is constructed of foam and sold in rolls.
- Following the installation of the subfloor, the hardwood planks may be laid out and placed. Depending on the kind of hardwood flooring and the manufacturer’s requirements, the planks are generally nailed or glued to the subfloor.
- Finally once the hardwood flooring has been laid, adequate maintenance is required. This involves sweeping or vacuuming frequently to remove dirt and debris, as well as utilizing a hardwood floor cleaner to clean and maintain the floor’s appearance.
- Before installing hardwood flooring, it is essential to install a moisture barrier and underlayment to avoid moisture damage and create a smooth surface for the planks. Proper care will also contribute to the longevity of the hardwood flooring.
Get Your Free In-Home Consultation
Please fill out the contact form
One of our flooring specialists will contact you within 24 hours to set-up your in-home consultation.
Need it sooner?
Call us! 770-318-8880
Estimates are delivered within 24 hours!
Switching to Hardwood Floors: Seamless Transition Tips Putting up hardwood floors instead of carpet is a terrific way to update the look of your home.
Hardwood Flooring & Indoor Air Quality: A Healthier Home In our efforts to create a secure and pleasant living space, we often forget about one
Hardwood Flooring for Different Styles: From Farmhouse to Modern Hardwood floors are the epitome of timeless beauty, and their versatility makes them a perfect choice
Luxury Homes: Hardwood Flooring Design & Considerations Hardwood flooring are an all-time favorite because of their timeless beauty and resilience. In this piece, we’ll explain
4260 Industrial Center Ln NW #100
Acworth, GA 30101