Hardwood vs. Other Flooring: Making the Right Choice Hardwood Flooring vs. Other Flooring Types: Making the Right Choice for Your Home When it comes to
How To Stain Hardwood Floors
Staining hardwood floors can be done in just a few steps:
- First, prepare the floor: Sand the floor to remove any existing finish and smooth out any rough spots. Vacuum and clean your floor thoroughly to remove all dust and debris.
- Then choose a stain: Pick a stain color that matches the desired look for your floors. There are many different types of stains available, including oil-based and water-based stains.
- Apply the stain: Apply the stain to the floor using a paint roller or a paintbrush. Work in small sections and be sure that you spread the stain evenly. Use a rag to remove any excess of the stain and to even out the finish.
- Dry the floor: Allow the stain to dry completely before applying a finish coat. Make sure to follow the directions on the stainer packaging for drying times.
- Apply a finish coat: Once the stain has dried, apply a coat of polyurethane or another type of floor finish to protect the wood and the stain. Apply around two coats, allowing the first coat to dry completely before applying the second. After all of this has been done you should be good to go!
It is easy to cause damage to the wood floor when staining if you are not careful. If you’re in need of professional staining, give Mr.Hardwood a call at 770-318-8880 for a free home estimate to restore the damaged area.
Get Your Free In-Home Consultation
Please fill out the contact form
One of our flooring specialists will contact you within 24 hours to set-up your in-home consultation.
Need it sooner?
Call us! 770-318-8880
Estimates are delivered within 24 hours!
Switching to Hardwood Floors: Seamless Transition Tips Putting up hardwood floors instead of carpet is a terrific way to update the look of your home.
Hardwood Flooring & Indoor Air Quality: A Healthier Home In our efforts to create a secure and pleasant living space, we often forget about one
Hardwood Flooring for Different Styles: From Farmhouse to Modern Hardwood floors are the epitome of timeless beauty, and their versatility makes them a perfect choice
Luxury Homes: Hardwood Flooring Design & Considerations Hardwood flooring are an all-time favorite because of their timeless beauty and resilience. In this piece, we’ll explain
4260 Industrial Center Ln NW #100
Acworth, GA 30101