How to Save Water Damaged Wood Floors
Many homeowners face the issue of water damage to their wood flooring. Water damage to your wood flooring is inevitable if you don’t take immediate action to fix a leaking pipe, flood, or spill. There are things you may do to save your wood floors if they were damaged by water. In this post, we’ll look at what may be done to salvage wood flooring that’s been exposed to water.
- Finding the original water source is the first step in restoring water damage to wood flooring. If the leak or flood caused the damage, the water supply should be turned off and any standing water should be drained. Doing so will protect your flooring and house from further wear and tear.
- When all standing water has been mopped up, the next step is to dry the flooring as soon as possible. To speed up the drying process, utilize fans, dehumidifiers, or a wet/dry vacuum on the flooring. Any baseboards or trim that might be preventing the room from drying out should be removed.
- If your wooden floors’ finish has peeled or warped as a result of water damage, you may need to sand and refinish them. This may make your flooring look like new and protect them from future wear and tear. When sanding and refinishing wood floors, it’s best to hire a specialist to make sure the job gets done well.
- If water damage has buckled or warped your wood flooring to the point that walking on them is dangerous, you may need to replace damaged boards. It may be more expensive, but ignoring significant water damage can lead to more damage and even safety issues, so fixing it is essential.
- Ultimately, it’s crucial to take precautions to avoid more water damage to your wood flooring. In high-traffic areas, you may want to use a moisture barrier or use area rugs. Avoid costly repairs by attending to plumbing and leaks as soon as possible.
Finally, homeowners should be aware that water damage to wood flooring is a real concern. You can rescue your water-damaged wood floors and restore the beauty of your house by locating the source of the water, drying the floors promptly, sanding and refinishing as necessary, replacing damaged boards if necessary, and preventing further water damage. If your floor has been damaged by water, please contact us by calling Mr. Hardwood Acworth-at (770) 318-8880 Atlanta- at (678) 935-6677 Marietta-at (678) 217-5800 to schedule a consultation!
Get Your Free In-Home Consultation
Please fill out the contact form
One of our flooring specialists will contact you within 24 hours to set-up your in-home consultation.
Need it sooner?
Call us! 770-318-8880
Estimates are delivered within 24 hours!
Putting up hardwood floors instead of carpet is a terrific way to update the look of your home. Hardwood flooring…
In our efforts to create a secure and pleasant living space, we often forget about one important factor: indoor air…
Hardwood floors are the epitome of timeless beauty, and their versatility makes them a perfect choice for any interior style.…
Hardwood flooring are an all-time favorite because of their timeless beauty and resilience. In this piece, we’ll explain why hardwood…