How To Sand Hardwood Floors
Sanding hardwood floors is a multi-step process that requires the use of specialized equipment. Here is a general overview of the steps involved:
- Clear the room of all furniture and decor.
- Inspect the floor for any nails or screws that need to be set below the surface or any uneven areas that need to be leveled.
- Use a drum sander to remove the finish and smooth out the surface of the floor. Start with coarse grit sandpaper, such as 36 grit, and work your way through successively finer grits, such as 60 grit, 80 grit, and 100 grit. Be sure to follow the grain of the wood and overlap each pass of the sander to ensure an even finish.
- Use an edging sander to sand along the edges and in tight spaces that the drum sander cannot reach.
- Use a soft-bristled brush or vacuum to remove all dust and debris from the floor.
- Apply a sealer or finish to the floor according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
It’s important to note that Sanding hardwood floors requires some knowledge and practice. If you are inexperienced it is easy to cause damage to the wood if you are not careful. If all else fails, give Mr.Hardwood a call at 770-318-8880 for a free home estimate to restore the damaged area.
Get Your Free In-Home Consultation
Please fill out the contact form
One of our flooring specialists will contact you within 24 hours to set-up your in-home consultation.
Need it sooner?
Call us! 770-318-8880
Estimates are delivered within 24 hours!
Putting up hardwood floors instead of carpet is a terrific way to update the look of your home. Hardwood flooring…
In our efforts to create a secure and pleasant living space, we often forget about one important factor: indoor air…
Hardwood floors are the epitome of timeless beauty, and their versatility makes them a perfect choice for any interior style.…
Hardwood flooring are an all-time favorite because of their timeless beauty and resilience. In this piece, we’ll explain why hardwood…