How To Keep Hardwood Floors From Molding
Any home would look great with hardwood floors. They not only give a space a bit of class and warmth, but they are also robust and simple to maintain. However, if they are not properly maintained, hardwood floors can be vulnerable to mold development, which can harm your flooring and endanger the health of you and your family. We’ll talk about some useful advice for preventing mold growth on your hardwood floors.
- The most crucial step in preventing mold formation on your hardwood floors is to keep your floors dry. In order to lower humidity levels in moist areas of your house, quickly clean up any spills or leaks.
- Keep your floors clean on a regular basis to prevent mold growth on your hardwood floors. Your floors should be cleaned at least once every week using a light cleaning solution and a moist mop. After cleaning, be careful to completely dry your floors to avoid leaving any water behind.
- Apply a sealer to your hardwood floors to help shield them from water damage and mildew. Find sealants that are intended exclusively for use on wood floors.
- Fix leaks and moisture issues: If you discover any leaks or other moisture issues in your house, take urgent action to fix them. It’s critical to take action quickly since mold can grow in as little as 24 hours.
- Examine your hardwood floors frequently for mold symptoms, such as discoloration, musty smells, and any other indications that mold may be present and if mold is discovered, take immediate action to stop it from growing.
- You can maintain the beauty and mold-free condition of your hardwood floors by adhering to these recommendations. Keep in mind that the best way to stop mold from growing on your hardwood floors is to maintain regular cleaning, keep your floors dry, and take care of any leaks or moisture issues right once. Enjoy the beauty of your hardwood floors for years to come by taking care of your flooring.
Get Your Free In-Home Consultation
Please fill out the contact form
One of our flooring specialists will contact you within 24 hours to set-up your in-home consultation.
Need it sooner?
Call us! 770-318-8880
Estimates are delivered within 24 hours!