How To Get Wax Off Hardwood Floors
Wax buildup on hardwood floors can be unsightly and difficult to remove. However, with the right tools and techniques, you can easily remove wax and restore the natural beauty of your hardwood floors.
- Start by scraping off as much of the wax as possible with a plastic scraper or putty knife and be sure to hold the scraper at a slight angle to avoid scratching the floor.
- Next, apply a small amount of mineral spirits or denatured alcohol to a clean, white cloth and gently rub the affected area. Be sure to work in small sections and wipe up the wax and cleaner with a dry cloth as you go.
- For more stubborn wax buildup, you can use a commercial wax remover specifically designed for hardwood floors. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and test the product on a small, inconspicuous area before using it on the entire floor.
- Once you have removed as much wax as possible, clean the floor with a mild detergent and warm water. Be sure to rinse the floor thoroughly and dry it with a clean cloth to prevent water damage.
- To prevent future wax buildup, be sure to clean your floors regularly with a pH-neutral cleaner and avoid using wax or other products that can leave a residue.
By following these steps, you can easily remove wax from your hardwood floors and keep them looking beautiful for years to come. Remember always to test in a small area before applying it to the entire floor.
It is important to be careful and take your time when trying to remove wax from hardwood floors. It is easy to cause damage to the wood if you are not careful. If all else fails, give Mr.Hardwood a call at 770-318-8880 for a free home estimate to restore the damaged area.
Get Your Free In-Home Consultation
Please fill out the contact form
One of our flooring specialists will contact you within 24 hours to set-up your in-home consultation.
Need it sooner?
Call us! 770-318-8880
Estimates are delivered within 24 hours!