How to Fix Squeaky Hardwood Floors
There are a few different methods you can try to fix squeaky hardwood floors:
- Locate the squeak: You’ll need to determine where the squeak is coming from in order to fix it. Try walking around on the floor to see if you can pinpoint the location of the squeak.
- Tighten loose floorboards: If the squeak is coming from a loose floorboard, try tightening it. You can do this by screwing down any loose boards or by adding wood screws through the subfloor and into the joists.
- Add wood glue: If the squeak is coming from a joint between two floorboards, you can try adding wood glue to the joint to help stabilize it.
- Fill gaps: If there are gaps between your floorboards, you can try filling them with wood filler to help eliminate the squeak.
- Install carpet: If all else fails, you can try installing carpet over the squeaky floorboards. The padding in the carpet can help to cushion the floorboards and reduce the amount of noise they make.
Call your Mr. Hardwood flooring experts at 770-318-8880 to get answers to all of your questions!
Get Your Free In-Home Consultation
Please fill out the contact form
One of our flooring specialists will contact you within 24 hours to set-up your in-home consultation.
Need it sooner?
Call us! 770-318-8880
Estimates are delivered within 24 hours!
Putting up hardwood floors instead of carpet is a terrific way to update the look of your home. Hardwood flooring…
In our efforts to create a secure and pleasant living space, we often forget about one important factor: indoor air…
Hardwood floors are the epitome of timeless beauty, and their versatility makes them a perfect choice for any interior style.…
Hardwood flooring are an all-time favorite because of their timeless beauty and resilience. In this piece, we’ll explain why hardwood…