How Long Do Hardwood Floors Last?
The durability and ageless beauty of hardwood flooring make them a popular option for many households. But how long do hardwood floors really last? The type of wood, the quality of the installation, and the amount of care and upkeep given to the flooring are just a few of the variables that affect the answer to this question.
- Hardwood flooring is often made from a variety of different types of wood, some of which are inherently more long-lasting than others. Hardwoods such as oak and hickory, for instance, are recognized for their hardness and resilience to wear and strain, whereas softer woods such as pine and cedar may show indications of wear and tear more rapidly.
- How long your hardwood floors survive depends not just on the material, but also on the craftsmanship of the installer. When hardwood floors are built correctly, they are more sturdy and secure and are less prone to warp or buckle. Gaps between boards or uneven surfaces are problems that might develop as a result of sloppy installation.
- Hardwood floor longevity is also heavily influenced by how well you take care of them. Floors may be protected against filth and debris by being swept and dusted often, and then waxed or polished to restore their shine and luster.
- Hardwood flooring have an expected lifespan of 20-100 years. Hardwood floors may endure a century or more with the right amount of care and upkeep, as well as by choosing the right hardwood species and refinishing it every so often.
- Be aware that even the most well-maintained hardwood floors will exhibit signs of wear and tear over time. It’s only natural that the floors would suffer wear and tear with time, necessitating a refinishing job to bring back their previous luster.
- In conclusion, hardwood floors may survive for many years with the right amount of care and maintenance, but their longevity can vary widely based on factors like the type of wood used, the quality of the installation, and the level of care given to the floors themselves. Hardwood flooring, if well-maintained, may survive for generations or even centuries.
If you have more questions about hardwood flooring, give Mr.Hardwood a call at 770-318-8880 for a free home estimate.
Get Your Free In-Home Consultation
Please fill out the contact form
One of our flooring specialists will contact you within 24 hours to set-up your in-home consultation.
Need it sooner?
Call us! 770-318-8880
Estimates are delivered within 24 hours!